Tuesday, September 24, 2013

He is lost in the darkness

I got to escape from the water’s domains… it held me and two others as prisoners in a swamp, were it experimented on us, treating us like filthy guinea pigs. The other two were acquainted with all this madness; an assassin for the Nightwatch and one of the Cleric’s gangsters. The former was beyond redemption; all that was left was a mumbling mess counting his every hair. The latter, was too calm; he simply stared at the sky, sitting on a rock and insisting that “Father” will eventually come for him, all while drinking from the tainted waters as if they were fine wine…
I left the two servants, but I kept seeing disturbing things… I saw a beautiful woman, impossibly so, with blood dripping from her chest in the vague shape of a dress. With her there was a man; he was horribly deformed, with sickly green skin and black scales replacing hair… the woman and he… they hadn’t shame.
I kept moving… I saw a satyr. He was playing a harp, sad notes coming from the strings. I thought I heard a soft mourn coming from his mouth… before he abruptly dropped his harp on the water. Or something came from the water… I didn’t turn back to watch. I had to keep going.
The swamp was rife with the water’s creations… all fauna was altered beyond recognition. The birds could have easily been mistaken for lizards, with all those scales and protrusions… the crocodiles had gills and enormous muscles… The aberrations I saw didn’t deserve to be called fish…
But that was nothing with what I found next. The water is smart. It is vengeful… it won’t stop. It didn’t suffice with the creatures living in its swamp… it had one more trophy to collect.
That ugly bastard, I hated feeling sorry for him. He looked like my father, but he obviously couldn’t care less about impersonating him correctly. He was mocking me, presenting me with a caricature of my beloved parent.
When the impostor saw the deviant couple, the satyr and the gangster… it went into a rage. It shouted in an unknown language… so eldritch that the gangster and the assassin fainted after hearing some words. His words were like a tornado going through my ears, but other than that, I couldn't feel anything else. It seemed to be talking to the other creatures… but no one listened.
Even thought I hated him, he didn’t deserve that… I know what it feels like. Everyone you know, suddenly acting against you…

No comments:

Post a Comment